Saturday, September 1, 2007

Re: [rosacea] stress and neurophatic pain

Hi Beth, Thanks for those nice comments! You guys always cheer me up also:) As for as the burning face I know how that feels. I think it is fairly common and happens often to people who flush with their rosacea. That is by far my worst symptom! Whenever I flush (even just a little) my face feels like there is acid on it. The worse I flush the worse the burning. Laser has helped desensitize some of that feeling but it's still there and it gets unbearable at times. I'm so sorry you have this awful symptom. There are meds that help with the pain but I know very little about them. My derm prefers me to go the laser route because all those meds have side effects and I tend to be overly sensitive to ALL meds that I'm put on unfortunately. Some of the meds that help are Lyrica and so is neurontin. Here is a thread from the Forum that may be helpful: http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=2293&start=75 Best of luck to you Beth!! MelissaElizabeth Shen <bethpshen@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi, Melissa,I just loved your mail. It sure lifts up everybody´s spirits...thanks....I have a very strange type of rosacea ... I was just wondering if anybody experience facial pain??? I don´t know if it´s called neurophatic pain????? I I mean real physical pain...like there is acid on the face that burns??? Besides the redness and p&p.I am permanently pink-red and sometimes the color gets more intense but even when I´m less red I feel the acid burning pain. The pain comes and goes but it´s there most of the time...and also I feel itchy sometimes.Could anybody tell me...is this rosacea? or something else ??? I never heard people with rosacea complain about pain....Please somebody enlighten me...what do you do to ease the pain, when it´s so unbearable?Thank you so much,Bethmelissa wohl-battista <melissawohlbattista@yahoo.com> wrote:Hi,When I'm stressed I try to find something to do that makes me happy.Whether that's going for a long bike ride, seeing a good movie, or just reading a good book.Talking it over with my loved ones and friends also help. Or venting here is another stress reliever.As I get older I realize that stress is a part of life and there's no avoiding it unfortunately. As soon as we realize and embrace that fact then it will all seem easier. In M. Scott Peck's book 'The Road Less Traveled' he talks about that in the book. That life is difficult and that aas soon as we understand that it becomes manageable. I hope I'm making sense because it's hard sometimes to explain what I'm trying to say. Just that no one has a stress free life and we can't expect that. It's just the way it is. And for me it really helps talking about it and also doing things I enjoy and being happy regardless, because what choice is there? My dad always used to say (I know it's a famous remark but I don't know who said it originally) you can make a heaven of hell or a hell of heaven. You can't control everything in life but you can control you rreaction and how you deal with it.Sorry if I'm going on and on ...just wanted to share what helps me when I'm down and depressed. All the best,MelissaAdam Seychell <a_seychell@yahoo.com.au> wrote:sarz_77 wrote:> > I'm very concious of my rosacea and combined with my infertility> things are starting to get ontop of me he also said that stress would> be keeping it active but with all this going on how the hell as i am> meant to stay calm and happy?Welcome to the vicious stress->redness->stress cycle. I think reducing the total time you are conscious of your rosacea should be your first step. The worst is to binge eat some sugary foods in an attempt to comfort some of your stress. Stay away from suspect foods, and reduce stress by regular exercise and mental relaxation. I know its easier said than done.Adam.---------------------------------Luggage? GPS? Comic books? Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]---------------------------------Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ---------------------------------Luggage? GPS? Comic books? Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]-- Rosacea Support Group: http://rosacea-support.orgRosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wikiNEW!: Rosacea Support Group Forum: http://rosacea-support.org/forumYahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-support/<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-support/join (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email: mailto:rosacea-support-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:rosacea-support-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: rosacea-support-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/